Monday, July 8, 2013

10 Goals For This Week

An update from two weeks ago...  

Read the whole outlandishly ambitious post here

....In the process of trying to better figure out better balance for the summer and the upcoming much too quickly approaching school year I am trying a new system.

Part 1:   Writing my weekly goals around my four priorities


1--Being more intentional with my family

2--Being more efficient at home
3--Taking better care of me (probably going to call this category personal as having a category for me feels really selfish...I struggle to even include it at all, but when I feel better, I am able to be better in all the other areas.)
4--Being more organized for school

5--Because something outside of those priorities is bound to come up, I'm also including a misc. category.  

So, here we go...


Family - New job celebration with the Hubs.  
Home - Paint kitchen
Personal - Finish reading Miserly Mom
School - Rough outlines for each class
Misc - Copy historical letters

Part 2:  Writing small, daily goals for each priority.  



UPDATE:  Apparently I am not very good at identifying/writing priorities because this idea did not work for me at all.  The results pretty much speak for themselves.  

My productivity was also probably greatly affected by the fact that I watched all 5 seasons of Mad Men on Netflix in 11 days...which also explains why I did nothing productive the following week.  I seriously have no self-control when it comes to stuff like that.  It's there and it's instant so lets just knock it all out rather than watching a little over a long time like normal people.  The same thing happened with Downton Abbey... Other than stuff like that, I don't even really watch that much TV.  So I could justify it by saying that it makes up for all the TV I don't watch, but that's not really true or helpful.  Ugh..I think I just need to give up all that instant access to  TV series or learn to practice some self-control.

So, now that that little confession is behind me...

10 Goals for This Week

1--Stick to a weekly cleaning plan.
2--Daily Bible reading.
3--Paint the kitchen.
4--Prep for garage sale.
5--Fun outing with the littles.
6--Read first half of Little House on the Prairie.
7--2 Pinterest projects with the littles.
8--Clean out storage closets in my classroom.
9--Outline units for first semester.
10--Walk 4 times.


1 comment:

  1. I get to paint soon too! What color are you painting your kitchen? Enjoy the process that will give a great end result!

    ReplyDelete