Thursday, January 30, 2014

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode - Part 2

This semester I have a student teacher, who is amazingly awesome!  I want to keep her so badly.  This week we are preparing for FCCLA district STAR Events.  Long, long hours plus all the regular stuff...like teaching....that has to get done.  I was explaining to her that on weeks like this I have to focus on the top priorities and that means that I won't grade anything until after competition on Friday.  Thanks to Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, I'm just at this point where I know if I stay up until 1am (to get it all done) and get up at 5:30 I'll be sick for 3 days...totally not worth it.

So...

  • My classroom looks like a tornado hit it.  Really just small children who were trying to keep themselves occupied for 2 1/2 hours last night.
  • My desk is covered in portfolio making supplies.
  • Folders in Google drive hide all the papers waiting for me to grade.
  • I've gotten 6-7 hours of sleep every night this week :)
  • My lab supplies are all purchased for the next 3-4 labs
  • I have copies made for most of my unit in Food and Nutrition
  • Considering the circumstances, my house looks semi-decent

Feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment